Tuesday, September 14, 2010

#13

Sorry for the slow update schedule. Doing this thing was much easier when we had more free time and were in the same state. We're going to keep plugging away at it as much as we can though. Also, we're trying something a little more ambitious with this and the coming strips. This is part one in a several part story arc. Will Cory and Jared become super heroes, or will they merely grieviously injure themselves trying. Who knows? I sure don't. Or maybe I do. But I'm not telling. So stay tuned.

Anyhow, I view today's comic as a parable about good science. Just because something seems likely to be untrue doesn't mean you can rule out the possibility until you've put it to a thorough empirical test. That's why on the third Tuesday of every month I perform my comprehensive "Have I manifested superpowers this month" self-diagnostic. Because if I have super powers, I damned well better know about it. Incidentally, it's also the reason I check my shoes for spiders before I put them on. Every time.

1 comment:

  1. I have to ask: what does your self-diagnostic involve?

    ReplyDelete